Monday, October 13, 2008

Of Python, Nosetests and Saturn's cyclon, and discovery-based testing

Wow.
Space bloats me away. Saturn and neptune especially. Mysterious, gigantic, enormous planets. The more we start knowing about them, the more we will love to know. And want. I for myself would love to set a foot on Mars. I mean, can you immagine the feeling?
Check this and you'll understand what im talking about (courtesy of NASA)!

Now, what does this have to do with Python and Nosetests?

Honestly, I doubt that the Fail-safe Shuttle's OS has any parts implemented in Python, but possibly it has been tested with it. The same I am doing today, and this is the live feed on how it's going (so far).

The problem is I can't seem to be able to get any test results output from nosetest in xml format. There may be two reasons for it :

  • I don't have nosexunit installed (plugin which is needed for it)
  • There is another reason why it's not working
Something tells me it will be the first one?
So the first step is to learn how to check for the nosexunit installation. Any clue?
How about starting at the nosexunit's homepage first. An easy easy_install nosexunit executed from a shell gives us a good clue about the status of the nosexunit package on the current system - turns out the library is there, damn it.

So now we have to expand option two. Update follows later.

No comments: