Sunday, February 25, 2024

Jira Herp derp #2

 So Jira.

At it again.

Damn.

It used to be a decent tool (avoiding flame wars here /flame:off).

But recently with all the cloud jazz from atlassian, life has become impossible with jira.

Sorry jira, our relationship is not working anymore. It's not you (but it is), it's just that we want...different things, I guess.

You want to make more money for yourself, to be able to sustain your growth (and buy shiny new features, which will clog your already clogged UI).

I want to have a simple UI, which I can use to track my acitivity and integrate with my CI cycles.

You want to make sure everthing is secured properly; and because of that, you go and hide in the cloud, as if that would be a safe place to be. And not only that, you take all your companion apps with you!

I want to be able to install/manage relevant versions of you according to my needs, be it with the basic jira or with the companion apps. After all, I have paid for your already (see previous post).

Why should I have to pay (alot) more for :

- the same functionality

- in a foreign environment (the cloud)

 just because <insert reasons here atlassian>?


No comments: